Glen Cove and South Country are Latest School Districts to Implement ScholarChip School Safety and Operations System
HICKSVILLE, N.Y., September XX, 2015 —ScholarChip®, the only centralized School and Safety Operations System available to K-12 schools, is adding two Long Island school districts to its growing list of NY-based customers. This brings the total to 23 school districts on Long Island alone that have adopted the One Card system to centralize their safety, operations, and attendance.
ScholarChip’s One Card system represents an emerging technology that improves campus safety; only verified students, teachers, administrators, and visitors are allowed into a school. Being present in school every day is vital to a student’s success, and One Card positively impacts behaviors that relate to attendance. The system saves staff time as well.
More and more Long Island districts realize that implementing the One Card is well worth the investment. Using the latest technology from ScholarChip helps school districts improve their performance and positively impacts their ratings state and nationwide, and with state funding associated with attendance, school districts often need to keep close track of when students are in school and when they are not. One Card makes this process easy.
“When I served on the Board of Education in Port Jefferson, I realized that schools didn’t have access to the very high levels of computing power available that I saw in science and industry. I established ScholarChip to meet this need,” said Dr. Maged Atiya, ScholarChip’s founder and CTO. “The company is based on Long Island, our employees live on the Island and our children attend local schools. We’re very proud to see how many of our districts have adopted our next-generation technology.”
Across Long Island and increasingly nationwide, ScholarChip’s system makes a host of administrative processes easier and more efficient by automating data collection with a smart ID card. Centralizing the management and reporting of attendance, safety, and operations begins with these card-based attendance services:
- Building Attendance: ScholarChip manages building entry and large group entry points quickly. As a student enters the school, a tap of their ID card automatically captures attendance and instantly generates a list of late/absent students.
- Classroom Attendance: Students tap their ID cards upon entering a classroom, which allows teachers to begin the class without taking manual attendance. It also means schools have accurate data. Students may tap out if they leave the class early and tap into the main office/ nurse/guidance office, etc., which makes student attendance easy to qualify and the building much more secure.
- Bus Attendance: Students tap their ID Cards onto and off their bus or on the team’s bus for away games, school trips, etc. It’s a simple and easy way to know where students are, provide immediate information to parents, and extend student safety beyond the campus.
- Visitor Management: By centralizing additional aspects of day-to-day school operations, ScholarChip’s turnkey visitor management lets schools grant access to authorized visitors. When guests register with a valid state-issued driver’s license, the application recognizes returning persons, issues passes, and determines both a visitor’s district-defined status and if there is a possible match against publically-available sex offender records. The service also generates automatic alerts to increase campus security.
- Card-based Secure Door Access: Staff members use their ID cards to open locked doors to enter school buildings or portable classrooms; students with disabilities or injuries use their cards to access building elevators.
- Cafeteria Transactions: Point-of-sale, coupled with ScholarChip’s highly secure school payment gateway, allows students to pay as they go, and helps districts track free meal programs.
Since 2000, ScholarChip has pioneered the concept of a centralized and integrated School Safety and Operations System–a true academic One Card solution. To meet the growing need for mobile technology in schools, ScholarChip has developed Apps and smart ID cards that operate seamlessly with NFC mobile devices. In addition, ScholarChip’s Higher Education services extend to high performance Tuition Payment Plans, Loan Servicing and a compliant Payment Gateway. For more information visit http://www.scholarchip.com.
# # #
ScholarChip is a registered trademark of ScholarChip. Other product and company names may be trademarks of their respective owners.